Sunday 4 August 2013

Deptford Goth

Deptford Goth- Feel Real

It isn't often that I hear a band and instantly think, I need this in my life immediately. But with Deptford Goth it was different. I was in Rough Trade in London flipping through records and magazines when I heard the sounds of 'Union' and I instantly 'Shazammed' that tune and downloaded. You could call it love at first sound. 


I played the album through the many flights and train trips I entailed during my holiday and my fondness continued to grow. The album has a very enchanting and raw sound. I would describe it as James Blake meets Florence and The Machine instrumentals. Aside from 'Union,' my favourite tracks are 'Feel Reel' and 'Object object'. I'm always on the hunt of new artists that restore your faith in the music industry and this album, is that for me. I strongly recommend checking it out, it isn't often I go on about an album but I think they will be a big thing. 






Another album I still can't stop raving about is from one of my favourite bands ever, Pheonix (and no it isn't just because I am a francophile). Bankrupt! did not disappoint for me. I had been waiting for this album to come out for so long. 'Bourgeois' and 'Chloroform' are so catching but they are all pretty great. These guys can do no wrong in my eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin