Friday 2 August 2013

Northern Ireland




I didn't have expectations before venturing to Northern Island. I wasn't sure if my prior stereotype of Ireland in my mind matched where I was going. My boyfriend and I went to stay in a relatives farm cottage in the Belfast countryside. It was surrounded by nothing but lush meadows, castles and estates owned by old lords and good old fashioned Irish pubs. I underestimated the beauty of this country.


Most of the time was spent drinking Irish cider, feeding horses and taking in the rare Irish sun which graced us. On the second day we went on a twenty minute drive which took us over the border to Southern Ireland. It was crazy because not only is it a different country after driving twenty minutes but it's a different currency too. We went to a beautiful old castle called Castle Leslie. It is like a place I would dream about going with beautiful gold walls and antique furniture inside and then you step out to a flawless garden and fountain and a lake that goes for miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin