Sunday 4 August 2013

Culture shock


Traveling is always a bit of a double edged sword, the strain of living out of bags, the confusion of different maps, accents, currencies and time zones combined with too much food, partying and constant small talk with strangers. But all it takes is the sight of a new country from the top of a building or plane to take your breath away entirely. You are tasting new foods, hearing new languages and swimming in new oceans, and before you know it you are more hooked than a patient on morephine. In that moment nothing else matters and that is what keeps you coming back for more. But when does travel lose that exciting and new feeling? 


My first trip overseas, I was so scared of the unknown and all that could go wrong but I was blown away! I arrived and everything felt so surreal, I experienced culture shock, saw some buildings and before I knew it, it was all over. There are so many different and new faces to be seen and smells and sounds to take in, but that culture shock is what makes travel so wonderful and leaves you with a sense of absolute awe. I hope I am never able to say I am sick of going overseas, I want to always feel that rush of change and breath of fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin